School Safety

If you are volunteering in our classroom please make sure that you sign in with our security staff or with the office, and get a visitors sticker. Please make sure our classroom is your only destination.

Friday, November 15, 2013

Critical and Creative Thinking

During our math time we have been working on number boxes and sharing number talks
It has been amazing to see how many critical thinkers we have in our class.
You can check out Dreambox.com 
Today, one of the many ten frames I showed the children a 10 Frame with 9 dots. I asked to tell me how they knew it was nine.  One of the children said, I counted 5 on the top and 4 on the bottom, I counted by twos and added one, and I know there are nine and one box is empty and nine is one less than 10.  Now that's thinking!!! WOW!


Today Mrs. Mac came and did a great lesson for our gifted time.
Here was her creative thinking lesson where the children had to solve this Exemplar. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an informational and educational blog. Please use appropriate and respectful language when posting on this blog.