School Safety

If you are volunteering in our classroom please make sure that you sign in with our security staff or with the office, and get a visitors sticker. Please make sure our classroom is your only destination.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Young, amazing authors!

Thank you to each of our families that came out tonight to support your authors and illustrators.
It warmed my heart to see the children beaming with pride as they shared their work.
Your children did this work on their own with very little guidance. We practiced a skill together and then they had to apply it in their writing independently and at times with peer support.
I wanted so much for this to be an authentic piece.
Your children took this task and ran with it.
"I wrote my first chapter book!"  I heard this from so many kids!
I was excited to hear the so many of my kindergarten friends are also writing books at home.
Again, thank you for encouraging your child's creativity. Thank you for celebrating their work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an informational and educational blog. Please use appropriate and respectful language when posting on this blog.