School Safety

If you are volunteering in our classroom please make sure that you sign in with our security staff or with the office, and get a visitors sticker. Please make sure our classroom is your only destination.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

All In A Day's Work!

Today I started using IPads in small group and differentiated the apps based on student need.  I love technology! Some of my friends (I did not meet with every group because math lasted a little longer today, but I will meet with everyone by the end of tomorrow.) were working on writing letters and letter sounds and some of my friends were building words and working on high frequency words. 
Please send in your child's ear phones or ear buds of you have not already.  Please make sure that they have tried them before sending them in. It is important that they also fit into the IPAD.  Not all ear phones and buds are compatible.  It often says if they are on the label. 

In math we are working on more, fewer, and the same.  Some of my friends were building more, fewer, and the same cities today with cubes.
I often use differentiated questions: How many more blocks are there? If I wanted 10 how many more would I add?
How many more would I need or less would I need to have the same amount?
It is amazing how many of the children demonstrate their deep understanding of math through their reasoning.  I love hearing them think aloud!  
Here are some great sites to reinforce what is being taught at school.

http://www.oswego.org/ocsd-web/games/SplatSquares/splatre100.html





No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an informational and educational blog. Please use appropriate and respectful language when posting on this blog.