School Safety

If you are volunteering in our classroom please make sure that you sign in with our security staff or with the office, and get a visitors sticker. Please make sure our classroom is your only destination.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Making Connections

We have been reading the story I Love My Hair and discussing things that we love about ourselves.  I always ask the children to try to make connections to the stories that we are reading because it will help them to comprehend the story.
Here is a perfect example. One of our friends loved the part that read, "The beads click to the rhythm of my walk, helping me remember what we are going to buy." 
Reading is thinking and our kindergarten friend sure was thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an informational and educational blog. Please use appropriate and respectful language when posting on this blog.