School Safety

If you are volunteering in our classroom please make sure that you sign in with our security staff or with the office, and get a visitors sticker. Please make sure our classroom is your only destination.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Science, Social Studies, and Math

We have been learning about maps and directions in social studies.
In sciece we are continuing our unit on life cycles.  The children activated their schema for butterflies.  Wow! Did they already have a great deal of prior knowledge. This was great to know because I was able to share lessons with them that were "kicked up a notch."
Ask your child to tell you about the butterflies life cycle.  Also, ask them for examples of other living things life cycles.  This year we have talked about humans, trees, plants.
Let me tell you about my map...

Active listeners

Wow! Look at our maps!

I even labeled mine.

Here is what I know about butterflies.

The life cycle begins.

First, I am an egg, second I am a caterpillar, third I am a pupa, fourth I hatch and become a butterfly (WITH SYMMETRY!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an informational and educational blog. Please use appropriate and respectful language when posting on this blog.